Parents, what is the single best way to show support for your athlete and the team? Come to our soccer matches when you can. There is no substitute for a group of fans cheering you on during a match.
There are a number of other ways you can help support the team also. Did you know that the girl’s and boy’s soccer teams are not funded by the school? Presently the team needs to raise all the funds necessary to pay for our transportation and officiating costs.
Our main fundraising activity is providing officials for the Belding Area Soccer Club recreational soccer program. On Saturday mornings during the spring and fall, soccer team members are needed to officiate at Riverside Park. In exchange for officiating youth soccer matches, the BASC has made a substantial donation to the team fund. Our level of involvement is directly tied to how much we raise through this cooperative effort. Please encourage your athlete to participate in this important fundraising event. It is fun and helps promote interaction with the upcoming players and interest in the high school program. Official training is provided.
Parents can also help out in a number of other ways throughout the year. Additional opportunities to contribute to our program include;
• Attend Athletic Boosters meetings throughout the year. The soccer team receives $25 for each meeting that a team parent is at. Meetings are usually on the third Wednesday of each month in the High School Media Center.
• Sell admission tickets at the gate for our home soccer matches.
• Provide a post-game meal and drink for the team after our away matches.
• Sponsor a team meal during the season.
• Help plan and coordinate another specific fund raising event such as a car wash or pop can drive.
• Help with food concession sales during our home soccer matches.
• Be a team parent and help organize or coordinate some of the above activities.
If you have interests in helping to support the Girl’s Soccer Team by doing any of these items, or have an idea of your own, please contact any of the coaching staff.